What We’re Eating This Week
Need some ideas for breakfasts, lunches or dinners? I’m sharing recipes, ideas and a grocery list for a week of meals. Mix n match to your heart’s desire! I’m adjusting amounts to be adequate for two people.
Baked Oatmeal with Bananas and Strawberries– serves 4-5 if this is all you’re eating for breakfast. Double the recipe if you need breakfast for two adults for a week. Or keep it as-is and add some scrambled, fried or hard boiled eggs to the meal.
Need (doubled-for 2 people, 5 breakfasts):
- 4 cups old fashioned rolled oats
- ⅔ to 1 ⅓ cup chopped nuts of choice
- 3 ½ cup soy or other milk
- ⅓ – ⅔ cup honey
- 2 eggs
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil or butter
- 3-4 bananas
- 2 cups fresh or frozen berries (blueberries, strawberries, raspberries, mixed)
- nutmeg, cinnamon, baking powder, salt, vanilla extract
Sandwiches or wraps with leftover chicken from Honey Mustard Chicken and lettuce + baby carrots + apple slices + larabar
- 1 loaf of bread or 1 pkg of wraps
- romaine lettuce
- 2 lbs baby carrots
- 1 apple per person, per day
- 1 larabar per person per day
1. Honey Mustard Chicken + Warm Potato Salad with Sautéed Kale and Shallots- double both recipes. Use the chicken for lunch sandwiches and the potato salad for another side dish with the next day’s dinner! Cook once eat twice, my friends.
The potato salad is a Blue Apron recipe, so I can’t share it verbatim, but here is one similar and I am listing the ingredients needed for it. Add some sauteed shallots if you’re feeling fancy!
Need for chicken (doubled):
- 2 lb boneless chicken breasts
- ½ cup whole grain mustard
- ½ cup honey
- extra virgin olive oil
- garlic powder, onion powder, salt, pepper
- fresh rosemary sprigs
Need for potato salad (doubled):
- 4 lbs potatoes (russet, gold, sweet or a combo)
- olive oil
- 8 cloves garlic
- 2/3 cup grated Parmesan (optional)
- 1/2 cup tahini
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 2 bunches kale (3 if small)
- Shallots (if desired)
2. Slow Cooker Pork Tenderloin + leftover potato salad
Pork is this recipe but using a pork tenderloin instead of chops.
- 1 pork tenderloin
- olive oil
- 1 c chicken broth
- 1 T minced garlic (about 6 cloves)
- paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, sage, thyme, oregano, basil, pepper and salt
3. Greek Meatballs with Avocado Tzatziki + Cooked Farro + Roasted Veggies
- 2 yellow squash
- 2 red bell peppers
- 4 portobello mushroom caps or 8 oz sliced mushrooms
- 2 zucchini
- 1 lb. ground lamb
- ½ red onion
- 2 t minced garlic
- fresh or dried oregano, coriander, cumin, salt and pepper
- 1 avocado
- 1 cucumber
- fresh dill
- 1 lemon
- ¼ c plain yogurt, greek yogurt or sour cream
- 1-2 cups farro (or any grain you have on hand- rice, couscous, quinoa, pita bread, potatoes)
Slice squash, mushrooms, zucchini and red bell peppers into large chunks. Toss in olive oil and greek seasoning (or just salt, pepper and oregano) and roast at 350 for 20-30 minutes.
Cook farro in simmering chicken broth until desired tenderness.
4. Pizza + Salad
- Crust- either homemade or store bought
- 1 jar marinara
- 8 oz shredded mozzarella cheese
- Toppings desired
- cherry tomatoes
- jar of artichoke hearts
- jar of sun dried tomatoes
- red onion
- bell pepper
- 2 heads of romaine, shredded carrots, cucumber
- Salad dressing of choice
Heat oven as directed for your pizza crust. Top crusts with marinara (or pesto or olive oil) and then add all the toppings you like. Cover with a light layer of cheese. Sprinkle with Italian seasoning, red pepper flakes, Parmesan, etc. Bake as directed.
Rip romaine into bite sized people. Toss with salad toppings and dressing of choice.
Drop a comment if you plan on making any of these! Would love to know how it turns out.